Monday, February 25, 2008

Shiva is a bum that lives on the corner of 2nd and Reilly



At 13, meditation.

At 14, Buddhist.

At 18, Monkhood.

At 20, Hindu.

At 21, Disechanted.

I did everything I could do within all of these cultures.

Unfortunately, the monks even let me teach a little bit.

Sad.

I shouldn't have.

Religion has become demystified for me. now there is only death and the world...and lung cancer.

No, I don't have cancer.

But my soul does.

God.

Dear God.

Why have you been lying to me all these years? It's funny now that I see your existence as just a concept.

By the practices that you've given to this world, I've come to understand the meaninglessness of your existence.

Nil.

Nothing.

And as I raise the cigar of victory to my dry, chapped lips I can see my own existence is just such a concept.

3 comments:

TLP said...

Shhhh...people in South Central PA don't want to hear the truth.

Doug The Una said...

How do I know you exist?

OldHorsetailSnake said...

You sound a little bit down. You shouldn't, though. Once you shake the God concept you're home free. Like me.

Your new buddy sent me over here.