Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cannabis-Sativa-flavored incense-butter.








Friends, like everything else, come and go like the wind.

My long-time friend Jordan and I have been hanging out ever since the 8th grade. I’ve never had any huge problem with him. I call him a ‘dick,’ and I get it right back. No big deal. Then we sit and watch a stupid movie.

The problem was, they were always war movies. War movies. War movies. Moo.

He recently found himself a lady friend, and I am definitely happy for him. They work and live so well together. Almost too well. So well that every time I go over there, they’re cuddling up with the TV off.

I remember last week, when we were going to meet one of her friends while she was working. I walked into the house – the usual home base – and again, the TV was off. I decided to have a seat, and turn it on, attempting to ignore the spooning action going on beside me. He decided that this was not okay for him, and he turned it off, and went back to her. My inner time-bomb exploded. This is becoming normal for me…probably because I’ve just had enough of ‘the usual.’

I won’t tell you what happened afterward, but you can feel my annoyance, I’m sure.


Thus, I’ve moved on.


Last weekend, I went to hang out with a buddy I knew since Kindergarten. A good kid, with an open mind, who dropped out of school in 10th grade. I missed him when he left. It was too bad, really. So, he came into the driveway like a fricken idiot – which is okay, as my driving habits are similar. We went downstairs and listened to some good music – Boards of Canada, Amon Tobin, and others – and watched a really funny horror movie called “Planet Terror.”

It would take me a hundred pages to expand, as my writing experience is nil, so I’ll get to my point.

I know I will quickly tire of this friendship, and things will move on. I can’t wait to get out of Central Pennsylvania.


Good to hear from you folks.



Can't wait to start forming this circle of blogger-friends.

No comments: